If you are using HeavyM on a device with a high-DPI / 4K display, you might experience issues with the appearance of the interface, making it difficult to use. To fix this, here are a few workarounds you can try:
Change compatibility settings
1. Right-click on the HeavyM icon or .exe file and select “Properties”.
2. In the “Compatibility” tab, click on "Change high DPI settings" and check "Override high DPI scaling behavior”. Choose "Scaling performed by: System".
Note: in older Windows versions, you might have to check "Disable display scaling on high DPI settings” instead.
3. Apply and re-launch HeavyM. The graphical elements in the application should all appear in regular position and size. If not, restart the process from step 2. and try with a different choice in "Scaling performed by:".
Change Windows display scaling
If changing the compatibility settings hasn’t satisfied you, you can try to adjust the display scaling performed by Windows, but be aware that this will affect the display of all your apps and elements, not only HeavyM.
1. Set the compatibility settings on “Scaling performed by: System” (see previous point), because the scaling of the app needs to be done by Windows for this method to work.
2. Then, you can change the percentage for the size of elements directly in your Windows settings. Go to Settings → Display and "Change the size of text, apps, and other items"
You will see some modifications appear directly, but you might need to sign out and sign in again on your Windows session so that all changes are applied. Try to upgrade or downgrade the size until the overall appearance satisfies you.